Become a Member
Since its incorporation in 1993, IAAR, through the active participation of its members, has experienced significant growth and has gained national and international recognition and respect.
Who can be a member?
Organizations can join IAAR as a Member or an Associate member.
Membership is open to any Accredited Management Systems Certification Body.
This means that your organization has been accredited to ISO/IEC 17021-1, by an accreditation body recognized under the the IAF Multilateral Recognition Agreement (MLA). As IAAR is an organization designed to represent North America, the Certification body must also provide third party management systems certification services from a location in North America.
Associate Membership is open to any organization that is a defined legal entity that provides conformity assessment services that supports the purpose and objectives of the association; and is not itself an accredited management systems certification body.
Want to Become a Member?
- Access to up-to-date information on a regular basis from accreditation bodies the IAF and industry groups.
- Networking opportunities with other certification bodies and North American accreditation bodies.
- Opportunities to have an effective voice in the future of the certification industry.
- Opportunities to have an effective voice in standards development.
- Participation in peer group task forces on projects emerging from IAAR strategic plan to improve the certification industry: industry marketing increasing the value of the third-party certification process and IAAR membership enhancement.
- Participation in surveys aimed at improving the services provided by accreditation bodies.
- Participation in surveys aimed at measuring the customer satisfaction level of member certification bodies
- Ability to be elected to a position of leadership within IAAR thus rounding out members' managerial skills and providing experience in working with a volunteer organization.