WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN AN ACCREDITED CERTIFICATE
HOW TO DETERMINE IF A CERTIFICATE IS ACCREDITED
Accredited certificates will carry both the certification mark of the certification body and the accreditation symbol, of the accreditation body responsible for accrediting the CB. In addition, to take advantage of the full benefits explained above such as flexibility in transferring the certificate, it’s important to look for the IAF logo MLA Mark (when applicable) on the certificate.
HERE’S A FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND FOR ORGANIZATIONS SEEKING CERTIFICATION:
- Consider the standard/s your organization are interested in seeking certification for.
- Look for certification bodies (in the IAAR directory) that are accredited for the standards.
- Confirm with the prospective certification body that they are accredited, and if so, by what accreditation body.
- Check on the IAF Web site if that accreditation body is a “IAF MLA Signatory Member”.
- Ask the certification body for its “Accreditation Certificate” – this will give you extra assurance that the information shared with you is accurate.
- Contact various stakeholders in the conformity assessment governance model to confirm. Feel free to contact IAAR and we’ll support you in your search. All our members are accredited by an IAF-signatory accreditation bodies.